Friday, November 30, 2007

Film Fan Fridays for Friday November 30, 2007!

Hello Film Fans and Fanatics!

Welcome to Film Fan Fridays for Friday November 30, 2007! We have a very quiet week for releases - only 2 in sight! In limited release this week is I'm Not There the avant garde Bob Dylan inspiration/recreation/impersonation film. In wide releases is Awake which every time I look into what it's about I walk a grey line between feeling like I've learned too much to being confused. It's fair to say it's a thriller.

If those are not to you likely feel free to check out some of the recently released films. I've heard The Mist is fun scary movie, there have been across-the-board glowing reviews and impressions of Enchanted and it looks like 3D is back to attack with Beowulf.

Have a great week!

Shannon

Festival Watch

Diaspora Film Festival
November 29 - December 2, 2007 at Innis Town Hall and the NFB, Toronto, Ontario
www.diasporafilmfest.com

Fantasy Worldwide Film Festival
Exploring Fantasy, Science Fiction and Anime on the wide screen December 4-8, 2007 at Innis Town Hall, Toronto, Ontario
www.fantasyworldwide.com

Giggleshorts Film Festival
International Comedy Short Film Festival
November 29 - Dec 1, 2007 at Brunswick Theatre, Toronto, Ontario
www.giggleshorts.com

Friday November 30, 2007 Releases

Awake
Writer/Dir: Joby Harold - directorial debut
Cast: Jessica Alba, Hayden Christensen, Terrence Howard
USA

I'm Not There
Dir: Todd Haynes (Far From Heaven, Velvet Goldmine, Safe)
Cast: Cate Blanchett, Christian Bale, Marcus Carl Franklin, Richard Gere, Heath Ledger, Ben Whishaw
USA/Germany

**please note this list of releases reflects first run film released in Toronto, Ontario, Canada November 30, 2007**

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

I wish Mist had come out earlier in the year near Halloween but I guess they didn't want it too close to 1408. I definitely want to go see it but I doubt there's anyone else who'd like to see it with me. I think it'll be a rental!