Sunday, June 03, 2007

Derailed

Director: Mikael Håfström (Ondskan / Evil, Strandvaskaren / Drowning Ghost, )
Cast: Clive Owen, Jennifer Aniston, Vincent Cassel, Melissa George
USA, 2005

Seen: April 20, 2007 on TMN

Reason to see: it was available on TMN on demand, I enjoy most of the actors in it

I will preface this by saying I did not watch the whole movie. It's been a while since I've actually turned a film off or better said that a film turned me off. I watched the first hour but after which it was clear that there were leading up to scenes that would contain sexual violence, for which I have little to no tolerance for, especially in 'thrillers'. I don't know who that thrills, and I don't think I want to.

Overall, I found the story a little implausible and I did not believe any of the words that Jennifer Aniston's character said would ever be said by a woman.

That being said, it did successfully create, maintain and build an great amount of sense of tension. For that I would have to give it some credit.

Warnings: Sexual violence

Shannon's Overall View:
I turned it off
I would not watch it again
I would not recommend it

More Film Reviews here

Return to Film Fan Fridays

No comments: