Sunday, June 03, 2007

Everything's Gone Green

Dir: Paul Fox (The Dark Hours)
Cast: Paulo Costanzo, JR Bourne, Steph Song, Aidan Devine
Canada, 2007

Seen: May 9, 2007 at the Carlton

Reason to see: It's Canadian and I love Canadian film. Suzie liked it too, although I don't remember if I found that out before or after seeing it. It counts as week 20/52 for See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year.

First off, a big thank you to Danette whom I bumped into just as I was *this* close to copping out of my movie this week. It's always great to see her and then when she asked "Are you going to a movie?", how could I really say no? Thanks Danette!

It's great to see a Canadian film that truly shines and is upfront about being what it is. Shot and set in Vancouver we follow the life of 'slacker' Ryan for a while in situations that a lot of people can relate to and some that we would never expect at all. What I really liked about this film is that it shows people being human, making choices - not necessarily great ones always, and effects those choices have on their lives and the people around them. Things change when you change, so ... do you want to change? People say change is the one constant in life so I hope everyone likes it! Or finds a way to like it. I wonder if Ryan did.

Shannon's Overall View:
I enjoyed it
I'll watch it again
I recommend it

More Film Reviews here

Return to Film Fan Fridays

5 min preshow - 1 commercial, 2 previews (The Wind that Shakes the Barley, Knocked Up)

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed this movie Shannon and agree, it's so very human and real in a lot of ways. It also shows how impossible it is to afford to live in Vancouver which is very true. My favourite line, "This blows." It has one of my favourite endings of all time too. I'm so glad you saw it! I'm so glad we saw it. :)